Take Advantage of Opportunities Opened by Digital Acceleration
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has accelerated digitalization across many spheres of society, sectors, and markets, creating conditions that necessitated the adoption of new digital technologies, creation of new business models, and adaptability to new ways of operating by businesses and governments alike.
Amid development challenges, countries should take advantage of the opportunities digital acceleration has opened up to ensure sustainable growth, expert said at the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) third Southeast Asian Development Symposium (SEADS) in the session, "Digital Acceleration: Today’s Opportunities for Tomorrow’s Sustainability."
The session was organized by Amazon Web Services and ADB.
- Scene Setter and Moderator: May-Ann Lim, Director, Fair Tech Institute, Access Partnership; Emeritus Director, Asia Cloud Computing Association
- Welcome Remarks: Marc Lepage, Principal IT Specialist, Information Technology Department, ADB
- Alan Lim, Head, Fintech Infrastructure Office, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Shanti Jagannathan, Principal Education Specialist, ADB
- Aditya V. Berlia, Pro-chancellor, Apeejay Stya University
- Hyuna Jung, Senior Associate, AWR Lloyd
- Andra Christie, Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
- Ozzeir Khan, Director, Digital Innovation and Architecture Division, Information Technology Department, ADB
SEADS 2022, "Sustainable Solutions for Southeast Asia's Recovery," was held on 16–17 March.