A Road Map for Scaling Up Private Sector Financing for the Blue Economy in Thailand: Investment Report
Analyzing the importance of Thailand’s blue economy, this report considers ways to mobilize and scale up private sector investment in areas such as aquaculture and marine renewable energy to help bolster sustainable blue development.
It explains why factors such as limited awareness of ocean economy opportunities, a lack of investment-ready at-scale projects, and insufficient monitoring are proving a barrier to investors. The report shows how creating an enabling environment and developing products such as sustainability-linked loans and technical assistance grants could help drive investment flows to the sector and safeguard Thailand’s blue economic growth.
- Overview of the Blue Economy Sectors in Thailand
- Support from Financial Institutions
- Support from the Government of Thailand
- Barriers to Scaling Up Private Sector Financing
- Strategies for Mobilizing Capital
- Road Map for Scaling Up Financing Toward the Blue Economy
- Appendix: Key Public Sector Policy Actions, Initiatives, and Projects
Published November 2023.
Source: Asian Development Bank.
Download (8.56 MB)