Review and Assessment of the Indonesia–Malaysia–Thailand Growth Triangle Economic Corridors: Integrative Report
The development of economic corridors has been one of the key focus areas of the Indonesia–Malaysia–Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT) subregional cooperation program since 2007. The goal is to facilitate accelerated growth that would also be equitable across the entire IMT-GT subregion, through economic corridors that would serve as “trunk lines” from which development would radiate to neighboring areas through transport and economic linkages.
Analyzing physical connectivity and cross-border trade across five economic corridors in the IMT-GT subregion, this report reveals how to boost their development, while also mapping a new corridor. The publication also includes details of practical steps to boost subregional collaboration in optimizing all three countries' economic corridors.
- Development Context
- Review of the Five IMT-GT Economic Corridors
- Proposed Route for Economic Corridor 6
- The Network of IMG-GT Economic Corridors
- Economic Corridors from a Value Chain Perspective
- Addressing Gaps in Institutional Mechanisms for Economic Corridor Development
- Summary of Findings and Recommendations
Published March 2023.
Source: Asian Development Bank.
Download (11.7 MB)