New Normal, New Technologies, New Financing
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has left long-term scars on employment, poverty, and education, with women, youth, and the less educated being disproportionately affected.
Beyond the pandemic, the world economy is now facing additional pressures due to rising global tensions, including the war in Ukraine.
This report looks at how G20 could be an effective international forum to foster a coordinated global response to establish and deliver commitments for resilient, sustainable, and inclusive growth. It recommends policies and actions G20 may spearhead to spur economic recovery, digital transformation, and sustainable development.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Economic Recovery Requires Global Efforts
- Chapter 3: Global Economic Recovery in the Face of COVID-19
- Chapter 4: Ensuring Global Financial Stability
- Chapter 5: The G20’s Roles in Improving Resilient Supply Chain
- Chapter 6: The G20’s Role in Fostering Trade and Investment
- Chapter 7: Digital Transformation: ‘Development for All’?
- Chapter 8: The Technology Gap in the Developing World and the G20: An Empirical Profile
- Chapter 9: Inclusive Growth
- Chapter 10: Financing Infrastructure
- Chapter 11: Green Finance—The Road from Billions to Trillions
- Chapter 12: Strengthening the Multilateral Trading System: The ‘WTO Rising’ Imperative
Published June 2022.
Source: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
Download (3.7 MB)