Developing Agriculture and Tourism for Inclusive Growth in the Lao People's Democratic Republic
Although the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) has witnessed remarkable growth over the last 3 decades, the pace of poverty reduction has become slow while inequality has widened.
With most of the poor still relying on rural agriculture for their livelihood, a more productive agriculture sector and new opportunities through tourism can help reduce poverty and achieve inclusive growth.
This report analyzes the Lao PDR’s development achievements and discusses policy recommendations for further development of the agriculture and tourism sectors.
- Executive Summary
- Ensuring Inclusive Growth in Navigating Growth in the Lao PDR
- Agriculture’s Contribution to Inclusive Growth in the Lao PDR
- Navigating Growth in Lao PDR Tourism
- Exploring Linkages between Tourism and Agriculture in the Lao PDR
- Fostering Inclusive Growth in the Lao PDR: The Roles of Tourism and Agriculture
Published September 2021.
Source: Asian Development Bank
Download (1.64. MB)