Assessment of Electric Vehicle Penetration in the Lao People's Democratic Republic
Vehicles are among the biggest sources of carbon dioxide emissions in the Lao People's Democratic Republic (Lao PDR). As Lao PDR shifts toward becoming carbon neutral, adopting electric vehicles can help reduce emissions from the road transport sub-sector.
This report analyzes the positive and negative impacts of shifting to electric vehicles from internal combustion engines vehicles. The study highlights the roles of government support in making the shift, penetration targets for charging stations, energy savings, implications on energy supply security, and the role of investments in the electric vehicle and power sectors.
- Chapter 1: Impacts Brought by Electric Vehicles
- Chapter 2: Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
- Chapter 3: Analysis on Impacts to Energy Demand and Supply Situation
- Chapter 4: Analysis on Impacts to the National Economy and the Oil Industry
- Chapter 5: Analysis on Impacts to the Power Sector
- Chapter 6: Key Findings and Recommendations
Published March 2022.
Source: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
Download (2.7 MB)