The New Normal: Driving Economic Recovery through Digital Innovation
Digital innovation is already helping offset global COVID-19 impacts in many areas and seems to be an integral part of longer-term economic recovery as the world tries to grapple with the “new normal.”
In this session, "The New Normal: Driving Economic Recovery through Digital Innovation," experts looked at the impact of COVID-19 and how technology will be an integral part of longer-term economic recovery. They also looked at how governments, NGOs, businesses, and individuals have been embracing digital solutions to cope with the challenges of COVID-19.
The panel discussion was part of the inaugural Southeast Asia Development Symposium held on 21 October 2020.
- Ahmed M. Saeed, Vice-President, Operations 2, ADB
- Nadiem Anwar Makarim, Minister of Education and Culture for Indonesia
- Sherie Ng, General Manager for APAC, Public Sector, Microsoft
- Ted Osius, Vice-President for Government Affairs & Public Policy, APAC, Google
- Mimi Alemayehou, Senior Vice-President for the Public–Private Partnership, Mastercard
- Khailee Ng, Managing Partner, 500 Startups
- Moderator: Lisa Oake, CNBC Catalyst