e-Conomy SEA 2022
Southeast Asia’s digital economy is on track to grow 20% to nearly $200 billion in gross merchandise value (GMV) by the end of 2022 despite global macroeconomic headwinds, says a new report from Google, Temasek, and Bain & Company.
The report says Southeast Asia's digital economy is increasingly feeling the impact of global economic trends, but is still on course toward $600 billion–$1 trillion GMV by 2030.
While 100 million additional internet users have come online in the last 3 years, after years of acceleration, digital adoption growth is normalizing. With digital adoption maturing, understanding usage behavior across consumer segments is necessary to unlock incremental headroom for growth, the report notes.
- Executive Summary
- Navigating macroeconomic headwinds
- Approaching $200B in rough seas
- Prudence clouds tech investments
- Towards a sustainable digital economy
- Charting the course for the digital decade
- Ports of call: Country data
Published October 2022.
Download (6.5 MB)