Achieving Financial Inclusion Through the Cloud
Organizers: Asian Development Bank, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia, and Amazon Web Services
Date and time
Over the past decade, cloud computing has transformed how people and organizations work around the world by democratizing access to technology, affording organizations of all sizes with access to a plethora of digital tools, as well as the security and sustainability benefits of the cloud.
Today, governments, public sector organizations, not-for-profits, universities, small and medium enterprises, and enterprises of all sizes across Asia innovate better, faster, and more cost-efficiently through the cloud. Yet, many organizations, both in the public and private sector, have a rudimentary understanding of the cloud and the policies that can enable cloud adoption across different sectors.
This webinar examined the relationship between financial inclusion and the cloud. It explored the various financial services use-cases helping consumers in the Asia and the Pacific achieve financial inclusion—whether it is in terms of access to finance for underbanked communities or innovative fintech solutions to facilitate payments or fully digital banks.
The webinar was part of the “Digital Transformation with the Cloud” policy webinar series organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), and Amazon Web Services.
- Welcome Remarks: Lisette Cipriano, Senior Digital Technology Specialist (Financial Technology Services), Finance Sector Office, Sectors Group, ADB
- Jamie Ko, Director, Regional Public Affairs and Policy, Grab
- Rashesh Shreshta, Economist, ERIA
- Leroy Pinto, Founder, Ringkas
- Moderator: Tiat Jin Ooi, Lead Consultant, Entrepreneurship, Startups and Innovation Knowledge Lab, ERIA