Strengthening the Agrifood System
Organizers: Asian Development Bank
Date and time
Food prices were already on the rise before the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The high food inflation since the start of 2022 reflects new all-time record highs for oils, cereals, and meat along with sharp increases in sugar and dairy products.
This webinar examined the factors that threaten food security in Southeast Asia and how various stakeholders can support the agriculture food system in the region.
The webinar was organized by the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) Southeast Asia Department (SERD) as part of its SERD Policy Talk (SPOT) webinar series. The series features conversations on new ideas and development beyond office walls. It aims to inspire people to explore issues outside their normal area of work. It also encourages active interaction and debate among the participants from varied perspectives and approaches.
- Omer A. Zafar, Principal Natural Resources and Agriculture Specialist, SERD, ADB
- Takashi Yamano, Principal Economist, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, ADB
- Noorullah, Investment Specialist, Private Sector Operations Department, ADB
- Dil Rahut, Vice-Chair of Research and Senior Research Fellow, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Jennifer Rosenzweig, Deputy Country Director, World Food Programme Indonesia
- Moderator: Cristina Lozano, Principal Country Specialist, SERD, ADB