Building Blocks for a Cloud-First Environment
Organizers: Asian Development Bank, Amazon Web Services, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
Date and time
Over the past decade, cloud computing has revolutionized how people and organizations work around the world by democratizing access to technology, affording organizations of all sizes with access to a plethora of digital tools, as well as the security and sustainability benefits of the cloud. Cloud computing is the foundational enabler of the digital transformation of governments, businesses, and organizations of all sizes, the default pathway for innovation.
Today, governments, public sector organizations, not-for-profits, universities, small and medium enterprises, and enterprises of all sizes across Asia innovate better, faster, and more cost-efficiently through the cloud. Yet, many organizations, both in the public and private sector, have a rudimentary understanding of the cloud and the policies that can enable cloud adoption across different sectors.
This webinar focused on enhancing collective understanding about the cloud, its benefits, and the policy best practices for building a cloud-first environment.
The webinar is part of the “Digital Transformation with the Cloud” policy webinar series organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The webinar series is a multistakeholder dialogue that will bring together policymakers, regulators, think tanks, academia, industry, and other key stakeholders to explore how the cloud and forward-thinking, pro-innovation digital policies can accelerate the digital transformation journey of nations. It will focus on enhancing collective understanding about the cloud, its benefits, and the policy best practices for digital transformation through the cloud.
The webinars will run through 2023 and feature deep-dive sessions about the cloud and its intersection with healthcare, sustainability, and financial services, among others.
- Alfredo Perdiguero, Director, Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination Division, Southeast Asia Department, ADB
- Agne Makauskaite, Head of Public Policy for Regulated Industries, Asia Pacific and Japan, AWS
- Semuel A. Pangerapan, Director General, Application Informatics, Ministry of ICT, Indonesia
- Mary Joy Abueg, President, National ICT Confederation of the Philippines
- Thomas Abell, Advisor, Digital Technology for Development, ADB
- Tahir Hashmi, Senior Vice-President, Engineering, Tokopedia; Chief Technology Officer, Dekara
- Lili Yan Ing, Lead Advisor on Southeast Asia Region, ERIA
- Moderator: May-Ann Lim, Director, Fair Tech Institute & Emeritus Director, Asia Cloud Computing Association
For more resources on leveraging the cloud, visit: AWS Institute.
Download: AWS Institute's Cloud First Playbook for Asia Pacific (APAC)