Technology Can Make a Difference in the Fight against Climate Change
While scientists have predicted global warming will continue to worsen, technology is a bright spot that can help the fight against climate change.
Google, for instance, has developed technology solutions to help accelerate progress toward a greener and more resilient future, said experts at the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) third Southeast Asia Development Symposium (SEADS).
In the session, "Building a More Sustainable and Resilient World with Innovation," organized by Google, panelists outlined some of the solutions and tools the tech giant has developed and supported that are already making a difference in the fight against climate change, including a sustainability seed fund to support nonprofits in addressing sustainability challenges.
- Moderator: Akito Tanaka, Senior Staff Writer and Chief Business News Correspondent, Nikkei Asia
- Andrew Ure, Director, Public Affairs, Google Asia Pacific
- Parimita Mohanty, Program Management Officer, Renewable Energy, United Nations Environment Programme
- Febriadi Pratama, CEO, Gringgo Indonesia
- Hamish McGowan, Professor, University of Queensland, Australia
- Marija Ralic, Lead, Google.org Asia Pacific
- Tomomi Matsuoka, Program Manager, Google Earth Outreach
- Hiroki Miyajima, Director, Climate Policy Headquarters, City of Yokohama, Japan
- Ryan Rahardjo, Head, Public Affairs, Southeast Asia, Google Asia Pacific
SEADS 2022, "Sustainable Solutions for Southeast Asia's Recovery," was held on 16–17 March.