Innovating for a Greener Future in Asia 2023
Organizers: The Asian Network
Date and time
Decisions made in the next few years will determine whether our existence on Earth, as we know it will continue, or collapse as a result of human activity. The need to change the ways societies interact with and affect the environment becomes more urgent as the tangible impacts of a planetary crisis accumulate.
Promoting sustainable transportation, such as electric and hybrid vehicles to reduce air pollution or encouraging green finance and investments in sustainable projects are some ways to innovate for a greener future in Asia. Collaborating with governments, businesses, and civil society to promote sustainable policies and practices is also an alternative to mitigate risks.
The forum will gather 16 leaders from Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan to explore such topics. They will share insights on the prospects of a greener Asia, the environment, climate action, and technology for social good.
- Erik Solheim, Former Norwegian Minister of Environment
- Nidhi (Chauhan) Nagabhatla, Senior Official, United Nations University
- Gaya Herrington, Vice-President, ESG Research, Schneider’s Electric
- Tiat Jin Ooi, Lead Consultant E-S-I Knowledge Lab, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- Amelia Litania, ERIA
- Ravindra Ngo, Founder, The Asian Network
- Anouj Mehta, Country Director, Thailand; Unit Head, Green Innovative Finance, Asian Development Bank