ADB Southeast Asia Development Symposium 2023: Imagining a Net Zero ASEAN
Venue: Bali, Indonesia
Organizers: Asian Development Bank
Date and time
Countries in Southeast Asia are committed to a net-zero future, with 8 out of 10 ASEAN member states at the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow committing to net zero targets by 2050.
The Asian Development Bank's Southeast Asia Development Symposium (SEADS) 2023, "Imagining a Net Zero ASEAN," will bring together thought leaders and decision makers from government, industry, academia, and the development sector to discuss innovative solutions that can help countries focus on becoming net zero economies and rebound from the COVID-19 crisis.
SEADS 2023 will explore the following:
- Financing a net zero ASEAN
- Deploying technology in climate mitigation and adaptation
- Ensuring cities are climate-resilient
- Greening and reshaping of global value chains
- Shifting to clean energy
- Ensuring the poor and vulnerable benefit from a net zero future
- Minimizing climate effects on health
- Ensuring the blue economy leads to net zero; and
- Redefining ecotourism.
Event format and participation
For those who can join SEADS in Bali, you can:
- Attend all sessions
- Interact face-to-face with speakers and experts in the field
- Network with colleagues during breaks, lunches, and reception
For those who prefer to enjoy the conference online, you can:
- Follow selected sessions via live stream through the SEADS web app
- Participate in online interactive sessions and live Q&As on the event platform
|Participation mode||In person||Virtual|
|Plenary, Deep Dive, and Partner Sessions||✔||✔|
|Luncheons and Evening Reception||✔||✘|
There is no registration fee to attend the event. Airfare and hotel accommodation fees will be shouldered by the participant.
Registration is now ongoing.
Those interested in attending the symposium in Bali in person will need to go through preregistration and screening.
Follow SEADS on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter or subscribe to the SEADS newsletter for updates on registration.
E-mail the SEADS team for inquiries.