Cloud Computing as a Key Enabler for Tech Start-ups across Asia and the Pacific
10 September 2021
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Manila Time
New enterprises that produce digital solutions for businesses, public institutions, civil society, and consumers play a vital role in shaping digital economies. These dynamic tech start-ups not only excel at effectively integrating leading talent and sources of capital, they also act as catalysts for the digital transformation of traditional industries and businesses, boosting productivity and growth. In order to leverage this potential, governments need to establish or refine policies and mechanisms that foster vibrant start-up ecosystems, such as fostering the adoption and expansion of cloud computing as a foundational technology for the digital economy.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) published Cloud Computing as a Key Enabler for Tech Start-ups across Asia and the Pacific to provide insights on the opportunities and challenges involved. The paper suggests how policy makers and ecosystem enablers can help start-ups make the most of cloud-computing technologies.
The paper will be launched during the webinar, which will feature the paper's key findings and insights from a panel of experts from industry, the tech start-up community, and ADB's venture capital arm ADB Ventures.
The webinar is co-organized by ADB’s Digital Technology for Development Unit and SEADS.
- Facilitator: Thomas Abell, Advisor and Chief, Digital Technology for Development, Asian Development Bank
- Lim May-Ann, Director, Singapore, Access Partnership (lead author)
- Sherwin Pu, Head of Business Development, Private Sector Operations Department / ADB Ventures, Asian Development Bank
- Digbijoy Shukla, Business Development Lead, Startup Ecosystem ASEAN, Amazon Web Services
- Janine Teo, Founder and CEO, Solve Education!
Download the working paper.
Read our explainer.