Asian Development Outlook 2021 Update Launch
22 September 2021
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM Manila Time
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic continues to afflict developing Asia, but vaccines are changing the pandemic’s trajectory and impact. With new variants dominating, differences in vaccination progress and outbreak containment are contributing to divergent outlooks in the region. This Asian Development Outlook 2021 Update launch webinar will discuss the revised outlook and risks for the region.
Attendees will have the chance to engage with the speakers and:
• Learn about the strength and drivers of recoveries across the region
• Understand the risks weighing on the region’s outlook
• Obtain insights on policy responses and potential long-term effects of the pandemic
The event is part of Asian Development Bank's (ADB) Asian Impact webinar series, which showcases ADB's research work and informs debate on critical policy issues in Asia.
• Webinar host: Abdul Abiad, Director, Macroeconomics Research Division, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, ADB
• Moderator: Madhavi Pundit, Economist, Macroeconomics Research Division, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, ADB
• Matteo Lanzafame, Senior Economist, Macroeconomics Research Division, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, Asian Development Bank
• Dulce Zara, Senior Regional Cooperation Officer, Regional Cooperation and Operations Coordination Division, Southeast Asia Regional Department, Asian Development Bank