Tackling Poverty and Inequality during COVID-19
15 October 2021
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Manila Time
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic continues to have severe impact on living conditions of socioeconomically vulnerable and marginalized segments of society.
What is the extent of this impact and what are the measures taken to address the rising poverty and inequality caused by the pandemic?
This webinar from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) will present findings from ADB's flagship report Key Indicators for the Asia and Pacific 2021, focusing on the pandemic’s impact on poverty and inequality, and a panel of experts from government and the development community will consider policy options.
- Arturo Martinez, Jr., Statistician, Statistics and Data Innovation Unit, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, Asian Development Bank
- Joseph Albert Nino Bulan, Associate Statistics Analyst, Statistics and Data Innovation Unit, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, Asian Development Bank
- Bulganchimeg Bayasgalant, Deputy Chairperson, National Development Agency, Regulatory Agency, Mongolia
- Suphannada Lowhachai, Head, Social Development Monitoring and Evaluation Section, National Economic and Social Development Council, Thailand
- Jessamyn Encarnacion, Inter-Regional Advisor, Gender Statistics, Women Count Programme, UN Women
- Michiel Van der Auwera, Senior Social Development Specialist, Social Development Thematic Group, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, Asian Development Bank