The Comprehensive Asia Development Plan (CADP) 3.0: Towards an Integrated, Innovative, Inclusive, and Sustainable Economy
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has caused trade disruptions, a drop in foreign direct investments, and scarring effects on poverty, education, and women in many nations.
At the same time, COVID-19 has boosted digitalization, notably in information and communication technology (ICT). The adoption of ICT has boosted economic growth. Maintaining the competitiveness of international production networks and using digitalization are essential to the region’s future post-COVID-19.
This book details the development blueprint the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) has drawn up for the region. The plan addresses urgent concerns and discusses economic growth and social problem-solving from the viewpoints of integration, innovation, inclusiveness, and sustainability.
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: The Conceptual Framework of New Development Strategies
- Chapter 2: Trade Facilitation and Non-Tariff Measures
- Chapter 3: The Importance of Regulatory Coherence for Connected and Integrated ASEAN
- Chapter 4: Connecting the Connectivity Plans in Asia and Beyond: International Cooperation for Expanded Supply Chains and Resilient Growth
- Chapter 5: Digital Connectivity
- Chapter 6: Hard Infrastructure Development
- Chapter 7: Geographical Simulation Analysis
- Chapter 8: Innovation System and Digital Transformation
- Chapter 9: Skill Development System: Soft Infrastructure for Leapfrogging and Feedback
- Chapter 10: Global Value Chain, Cities and Urban Amenities: Case Study of ASEAN and East Asia
- Chapter 11: Realizing Smart Cities
- Chapter 12: The Role of Automotive Sector toward the Regional Economic Development
- Chapter 13: Inclusive Growth
- Chapter 14: MSME Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic and Their Way Forward
- Chapter 15: Healthcare
- Chapter 16: Food and Agriculture
- Chapter 17: Energy Infrastructure Development
- Chapter 18: Environment and Sustainability
Published September 2022.
Source: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia
Download (16.4 MB)